Milestones are great, especially for businesses. It means you’ve achieved a goal and something’s going right.
Prairie Quest (PQC) is hitting a big milestone in this weekend: 15 years of helping our customers get projects done, helping with program operations, and finding ways to help them be proactive and successful. The official “birthday” is June 8, but over the next few months, TEAM PQC will be celebrating as much as we can!
Here are 15 reasons why we’re so excited to reach this particular milestone.
1. We started as a small government contractor and we’re now 3 major divisions with work in 20 states. We even spun off the Windrose not-for-profit based on a vision to create further success specific to our employees with barriers and challenges! Go team PQCWorks, PQCTrains and PQCTech!
2. Over the past 15 years, we’ve actively worked 177 contracts focused on program management, IT services, medical operations and acquisition management. We’ve expanded beyond our state Peoplesoft/SAP beginnings to include DoD, USPTO, FDA, USDA, multiple large business primes, then returned to State Services with PQCTrains, and now are returning to our IT roots with custom software development for our private sector customers.
3. After starting the company in her home, CEO Stacey Smith has created a great work environment in our Fort Wayne, Ind., headquarters, where we have enough room to work together, collaborate between teams, and sometimes just enjoy a funny video at lunch!
4. Yes, we’re one of those companies that tries to have a positive work-life balance. We have always focused on flexible work schedules, team building, growing our knowledge, and allowing people the chance to try on new roles.
5. Over time, we’ve had some really great team members who have made an impact with our customers. Today, we have over 150 employees and 160 subcontracted employees—and we have avoided using staffing-type arraignments. We show us; we want to make sure our customers see we have “skin in the game.”
6. We’re always looking for the best and the brightest to join our team! https://pqcworks.com/careers
7. We established a respectable partially self-insured benefit plan that we use to reduce the cost of employee benefits. Our brokers have mentioned year over year that we have done an amazing job for a company our size.
8. PQC won the prestigious 8(a) Graduate of the year in 2019 for all of the nation! Over the years, we’ve also had a lot of other recognitions as well: 2014 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award nomination, Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2010 and 2013, the Harvard University Sponsored Inner City award for 2010 and 2013, the Indiana Companies to Watch in 2010 and 2013, and the Fort Wayne Best Places to work in 2017. In all, we’ve gathered up 14 local, state or national awards!
9. In 2015, we started what is now our PQCTrains division. Our focus on Vocational Rehab training and work experiences has transitioned adults and youth into regular jobs and helped them both break the bonds of sheltered workshops and stop seeing a disability as a barrier to work.
10. On June 11, we’ll be launching our new On-Call Hub, a call management software solution. We’re already working with a number of new clients, and we’re excited to see where this will go. The crazy part is … this didn’t even exist 6 months ago! Way to go, PQCTech team! See a need, fill a need!
11. In 2011, PQC became an ISO 9001:2008-certified organization and has never had a major finding. We’ve updated that certification every year, and in 2018 we became as ISO 9001:2015 certified. We continue to have ZERO major findings!
12. And only a few minor ones. Because of our success in maintaining our certifications, in 2019/2020, PQC has a goal to become CARF certified (a benefit to our PQCTrains customers) and CMMI certified (a benefit to our PQCTech customers).
13. It’s hard to keep a business going, especially in tough economic times. PQC successfully made it through the “Dot Com Bubble” and the 2008 Financial Recession, and we’re stronger than ever. We continue to be debt free, which allows us to make great investments in our organization.
14. So far in our 15th year, we’ve already seen record-setting numbers for Q1!
15. After 15 years of growth and success, we can’t wait for what’s in store for the next 15!
Stay tuned for more coverage of PQC birthday celebrations throughout the year, including a special offer in the coming weeks for our software vendors that have helped us reach 15!